2-stroke low speed Diesel Engine Power Plants
2-stroke low speed diesel engines are mainly used for:
- Base-, semi-base and peak-load power generation in utilities
- Independent Power Producer (IPP) plants.
BWSC’s 2-stroke diesel engine power plants possess the following principal characteristics:
- State-of-the-art diesel engines built by Mitsui Engineering and Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. (MES) in Japan under license from MAN Diesel & Turbo
- Unrivaled specific fuel consumption
- Extremely low maintenance costs
- Successful operation on a wide range of fuels such as natural gas and any liquid fuel including heavy fuel oil, low grade and off-spec.
- Operating efficiency and output maintained over many years with minimal degradation
- Exceptionally high levels of availability and reliability
- Expected lifespan of 25-30 years.
Diesel engines - The best choice
Diesel engines have proven to be the world’s leading technology as prime movers for base-load power generation.
Diesel engine power generation using heavy and residual fuel oils results in very competitive prices per kWh due to:
- Electrical efficiency up to 50% in Open Cycle and over 50% in Diesel Combined Cycle
- Full nominal output up to 35oC ambient temperature
- Flexible and fuel-efficient operation under part-load conditions
- Less than 1% efficiency degradation during normal lifespan.