4-stroke medium speed Diesel Engine Power Plants
4-stroke medium speed diesel engines are mainly used for:
- Base-, semi-base and peak-load power generation in utilities
- Independent Power Producer (IPP) projects
- Industrial applications, such as captive power plants.
BWSC’s 4-stroke diesel engine power plants possess the following principal characteristics:
- High quality engines from world-leading manufacturers
- Attractive specific fuel oil consumption
- Efficient maintenance due to standardised solutions
- Ability to operate on all kinds of commercially available fuels
- High level of availability and reliability
- Highly competitive capital costs
- Fast-track project implementation
- Expected lifespan of above 20 years.
Diesel engines - The best choice
Diesel engines have proven to be the world's leading technology as prime movers for base-load power generation.
Diesel engine power generation based on heavy fuel oil results in very competitive price/kWh due to:
- Electrical efficiency up to nearly 50%
- Full nominal output up to 35oC ambient temperature
- Flexible and fuel-efficient operation under part load conditions
- Less than 1% efficiency degradation under normal lifespan
- Easy maintenance leading to many years of stable operation.
Selected brochures to download:
Your Power Partner Africa
Your Power Partner Africa (French)
Your Power Partner in Carribean
Your Power Partner Panama
Power barges - Floating power plants for decentralised power generation
St. Louis Power Station, Mauritius
Pacora, Panama (English)
Pacora, Panama (Spanish)
Great Mabruk Project, Libya