Service Sales Consultant, Houston, Texas
Do you have a technical background, a commercial understanding and an appetite for working with an international company? Then you may be the Consultant we are looking for to further develop our portfolio for service sales projects in the Americas region and with special attention to the Caribbean area.
Preparing and Negotiating Commercial Proposals and Agreements
You will work full time as an independent consultant and on behalf of BWSC be calculating, evaluating and be involved in negotiating commercial proposals and agreements with existing and new diesel engine power plant customers in the Americas region including the Caribbean area. You will participate in technical and commercial processes in an international and fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Develop and maintain contact to new and existing customers for sales and business opportunities
- Specification, calculation and preparation for a wide range of services such as repair works, spare parts sales, upgrades and retrofit projects as well as long term service agreements etc.
- Close contact (including on site meetings) and follow-up on proposals with the customers and suppliers directly or in cooperation with other sales people and project managers
- Develop recommendations for attractiveness of contracts, proposals and commercial projects
- Develop innovative and competitive technical service and up-grade concepts
- Ensure that executed contracts and proposals are communicated and handed over to relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness to support implementation
- Ensure alignment between all stakeholders, externally as well as internally.
The position offers the right profile the opportunity to grow within business critical decision making, sales project management and understanding and influencing top management.
Solid customer understanding
You have a background as marine engineer, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer or equivalent from a similar technical sales environment. You are an analyst with eye for detail and accuracy. Your excellent interpersonal capabilities include loyalty towards confidentiality and customer service orientation.
Furthermore you have:
- Flair for preparing technical proposals with complex commercial elements
- Mastery of spoken and written English on a high level. It will also be an advantage if you have some proficiency with other languages such as Portuguese or Spanish
- Strong negotiation, communication and project skills.
You are a self-starter with an ability to focus in a dynamic and often hectic environment. You take initiative and have decisiveness as well as a sense of urgency. You work with a positive and constructive attitude. You are proactive and have the ability to take a task and run with it independently.
The role as Service Sales Consultant offers travel of approximately 75-150 days a year.
Application and questions
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact General Manager Service Sales, Tanja Hedager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application and references to email@example.com as soon as possible.
BWSC is an engineering and entrepreneurial company rooted in the former B&W. We develop, design, construct and operate power plants in most of the world. Likewise, we act as investors in power plant projects and have ambitious goals for both biomass and diesel power plants. We have 700 dedicated employees, of which 470 work at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark. Currently, we are constructing power plants in Lebanon and United Kingdom. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in i.e. United Kingdom, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka and several islands in the Caribbean. For further information please visit www.bwsc.com.