Do you have experience with maintaining a high quality level for pressure related components? Would you thrive in an international and dynamic company? Then you could be the new Quality Engineer for our Boiler Pressure Parts Department.
High focus on quality and design
The position as Quality Engineer is based in our Boiler Pressure Parts Department. The department is responsible for design, project management, purchasing and ensuring that our vendors and business partners are aligned to our high quality demands. The department currently consists of around 16 employees.
We are a project-oriented entrepreneurial company, and we manage our projects in an energetic matrix organization. Our daily work environment is fast-paced with high focus on cross-functional team work. It is therefore important that you thrive under these conditions and that you are able to maintain both the detailed quality focus and overview of the workflow and interdependencies.
Experienced engineer with interdisciplinary skills
You are a Mechanical, Welding or Material Engineer, with knowledge of the design approval of pressure part components under PED (preferably also ASME) and preferably have no less than 5 years of experience from a similar position. In the position you will primarily work within the following areas:
- Internal design approval of pressure part drawings (incl. Weld & Test plan) based on Client, Code and in-house requirements.
- Contact with Authorities e.g. Notified Body and/or Autohorized Inspector (NoBo, AI) with respect to design and manufacturing of pressure part components.
- Preparation of Standard Quality Requirements.
- Participation in project Kick-off meetings internal and external with NoBo.
- QA/QC evaluation and approval of sub-suppliers.
- Review of client tenders & contracts for QA/QC issues.
- Evaluation and approval of Quality Control Plan /Inspection & Test Plan (QCP/ITP).
- Evaluation and approval of personnel, production procedures and final documentation, including WPS / WPQR, NDT, Quality control personnel etc. With respect to the contract, code & BWSC requirements.
- Consultancy regarding pressure part - standards, - laws and directives, - design and manufacturing.
- Maintain high level of know-how in the field of boiler specific metallurgy, welding, PWHT and NDE.
- Responsible for quality control at workshops & site.
You are proficient in spoken and written English and preferably also Danish, including technical.
An interesting and independent position with great challenges in a dynamic international environment. The position requires occasional travel.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Department Manager Annette Juul at email@example.com or Director, HR & Corporate Administration Claus Berner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application by mail to email@example.com as soon as possible.
BWSC is an engineering and entrepreneurial company rooted in the former B&W. We are a project-oriented organisation specialised in sales, design, construction, and test & commissioning of turnkey power plants and energy systems, including retrofitting, technical services, utility management and operation & maintenance. Likewise, we act as investors in power plant projects and have ambitious goals for both biomass and diesel power plants. We have 790 dedicated employees, of which 390 work at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark. Currently, we are constructing power plants in Mauritius, Faroe Islands, United Kingdom and Mali. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in i.e. United Kingdom, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka and several islands in the Caribbean. For further information please visit www.bwsc.com.