General Manager, Power Barge
Do you want to develop and secure new opportunities within the future of the power industry? BWSC have developed a competitive power barge concept as part of BWSC´s engine based business. We are now offering the right candidate the position as General Manager for our sales and marketing activities.
As General Manager your overall criteria for success will be to implement and reach the strategic goals for our power barge solutions, insuring that power barges to be a substantial part of the BWSC product portfolio.
Develop opportunities in a well-established company
You will refer to the Director, Sales & Marketing and you will be a part of a dynamic management group in Sales acting as ambassadors for BWSC in the interactions with customers and partners.
Your overall responsibility will be to manage the sales and marketing activities within the power barge segment, including managing employees and budget. You will develop and maintain a marketing plan in accordance with the agreed strategy within your area.
Your area of responsibility will also include the following:
- Secure contract awards with own sales team in accordance with the established sales budget with regard to order intake and gross margin while at the same time developing and maintaining a sales funnel of new project opportunities.
- Evaluate sales opportunities including risks and together with the team and members of the S&M management prepare go/no go decision.
- Evaluate and recommend bidding strategies.
- Reporting on the activities according to reporting routines established within Sales & Marketing.
Driven profile with commercial experience
You have an engineering or financial education at B.Sc. level or higher, preferably a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering combined with a relevant commercial-oriented degree. In addition it is a requirement, that you have a proven track record of all aspects of a commercial project sales process from promotion and development of projects to proposal and sales activities carried all the way to effective contract.
- You are able to open doors with your excellent business talent and international profile.
- Your committed personality thrives on tight deadlines and complex contract structures.
- You work well with all stakeholders and are able to drive and motivate a group of ambitious sales managers.
- You have excellent skills within written and spoken English.
As General Manager, Power Barge you must expect some travel internationally.
An exciting job with great challenges in a dynamic and well-functioning sales department placed in our head office in Allerød, Denmark. We offer a competitive salary according to qualifications. Relocation to Denmark is a prerequisite.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Director, Sales & Marketing Martin Kok Jensen at email@example.com or Director, HR & Corporate Administration Claus Berner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application and CV as soon as possible to email@example.com. The format of the sent files should please be either .docx or .pdf.
BWSC is an engineering and entrepreneurial company rooted in the former B&W. We are a project-oriented organization specialised in sales, design, construction, and test & commissioning of turnkey power plants and energy systems, including retrofitting, technical services, utility management and operation & maintenance. Likewise, we act as investors in power plant projects as well as supplying complete biomass boiler solutions and boiler service and we have ambitious goals for both biomass and diesel power plants. We have 670 dedicated employees, of which 460 work at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark. Currently, we are constructing power plants in Faroe Islands, United Kingdom and a number of West African countries. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in i.e. United Kingdom, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka and several islands in the Caribbean.