General Manager, Global Supply Chain
Do you have leadership experience in Procurement and Logistics? Are you able to identify and secure best practice of Global Supply Chain in a project-oriented entrepreneurial company? Then you might be our new General Manager, Global Supply Chain.
Global Supply Chain is one of six functions in the Contracting division of BWSC. Global Supply Chain comprises three departments with a total of 26 employees: Procurement, Logistics, and Warehousing. Global Supply Chain is organized with a Department Manager, Logistics, who is responsible for Logistics and Warehousing, referring to the General Manager position. Furthermore, 9 Purchasers refer directly to the General Manager. At present BWSC’s annual procurement amounts to approximately EUR 200 million. As General Manager in Global Supply Chain you will refer to the Director, Contracting and you are overall responsible for Procurement and Logistics.
Ensuring high quality and contributing on a strategic level
You will be responsible for BWSC’s overall procurement strategy, and you will ensure that the necessary resources and competences are present in Global Supply Chain in order to ensure high quality and professionalism in all of Global Supply Chain’s activities. In close cooperation with the project teams, you will ensure timely procurement of project equipment and materials meeting project time schedule and budget.
A key initiative in BWSC’s strategy “Route 2021” is Competitiveness where Strategic Sourcing is a key element. We have implemented tools from the Category Management toolbox to achieve cost savings and a further development of this is a key element to success. Therefore, experience within this area will be valuated and preferred.
Your responsibilities will furthermore include:
- Ensuring up-to-date knowledge within Global Supply Chain on commercial issues in the market and legal aspects on standards and regulations within power plant technology
- Developing current and new supplier relationships
- Contract management of sub-suppliers including expediting of deliveries and claims management and settlements
- Handling of supplier/sub-contractor bonds and invoices, as well as commercial communication with suppliers
- Receiving equipment at Warehouse or at suppliers and subsequent packing
- Everything related to logistics, including heavy-lift-, container-, break-, bulk-, and flight transport of goods from supplier until safe arrival at the construction site, including customs clearance
- Proactively contribute to inter disciplinary tasks and development projects, including Enterprise Resource Planning in BWSC
You will continuously identify best practice of Global Supply Chain based on an internal and external benchmark. As General Manager Supply Chain you will be a member of the Contracting Management Team and must be able to contribute to the team on a strategic level.
Robust and professional candidate with leadership experience
You have an educational background as either Cand.Merc or Engineer preferably supplemented by a commercial diploma within international trade or logistics. You have 5-7 years leadership experience in Procurement, Logistics or Project Management preferably in a high technology or entrepreneurial company. You can demonstrate mastery of spoken and written English.
Other than that you are a well-organized person and:
- As a person you are robust and able to cope in a professional manner with conflicting requests and demands
- You are a structured and calm person with the ability to maintain overview in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment as well as organizing complex fragments
- You have excellent communication skills, and you can communicate at all levels of the organization and with clients and sub-suppliers
The position requires international travel activity, typically around 30-40 days a year to meet and visit sub-suppliers (new potential as well as existing), sites, local authorities, etc. as well as follow-up on main deliveries and major logistics operations. Relocation to Denmark is a job prerequisite.
An exciting job with great challenges in a dynamic and well-functioning department placed in our head office in Allerød, Denmark. We offer a salary according to qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Director, Contracting Nikolaj Holmer Nissen at email@example.com or Director, HR & Corporate Administration Claus Berner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application and CV as soon as possible to email@example.com. The format of the sent files should please be either .docx or .pdf.
BWSC is an engineering and entrepreneurial company rooted in the former B&W. We are a project-oriented organization specialised in sales, design, construction, and test & commissioning of turnkey power plants and energy systems, including retrofitting, technical services, utility management and operation & maintenance. Likewise, we act as investors in power plant projects as well as supplying complete biomass boiler solutions and boiler service and we have ambitious goals for both biomass and diesel power plants. We have 670 dedicated employees, of which 460 work at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark. Currently, we are constructing power plants in Faroe Islands, United Kingdom and a number of West African countries. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in i.e. United Kingdom, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka and several islands in the Caribbean.