Maintenance Manager, Kenya (Expat)
Do you have experience in thermal HFO Power Plants with 4 stroke diesel engines? Do you wish to work at a distant location in a unique environment? Then you might be our new Maintenance Manager, Rabai
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager to lead the Maintenance & Warehouse activities of the 90 MW HFO Power Plant located 20 km north-west of Mombasa town in Kenya.
The Rabai Power Plant, being built and commissioned by BWSC as EPC contractor, commenced full commercial operation in 2010 powered by 5 x Wärtsila 18V46 medium speed engines. Further waste heat recovery through 5 x exhaust gas boilers power a 8 MW Steam Turbine Generator.
A 20 year operation and maintenance contract commenced in 2010.
Exciting opportunity to work for a Global Company in a major IPP project
As Maintenance Manager you will be part of BWSC Generation Services Division and will report directly to the Plant Manager.
Your typical activities within the job would be to:
- Maintain all equipment of the PP strictly abiding to “Prudent Operating Practices”
- Liaise with Owner, BWSC Technical service / Field Service and update technical documentation
- Set, review and control the Maintenance budget
- Report periodically (internally & externally) maintenance activities and KPIs
- Organize the work schedule to reduce equipment downtime and maintenance crew overtime
- Manage maintenance & warehouse activities using the CMMS
- Performance appraisal and continued development of Maintenance team
Solid technical and sound management skills with intercultural understanding
You hold a BSc. degree in Marine Engineering /Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with excellent written and verbal English skills. You have at least 5 years working experience in thermal HFO Power plants with 4 stroke diesel engines (experience with Wärtsila 18V46 would be a plus) and can demonstrate expertise concerning HFO auxiliary system, WHR and steam system.
- Are open-minded and flexible
- Have focus on empowerment, HSE requirements and Customer satisfaction
- Are willing to work at a distant location in a unique environment (working experience in Africa would be a plus)
- Are able to work under pressure
The position is based in Denmark, with expatriation to Kenya.
Please feel free to contact Director, HR & Corporate Administration, Claus Berner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or General Manager, Utility Management Karsten Valsted Larsen at email@example.com if you require further information about the position.
Mombasa is a city on the coast of Kenya. It is the country’s second-largest city after the capital Nairobi with an estimated population of about 1.2 million people. Mombasa has a large port and an international airport and is an important regional tourism centre.
The Mombasa area offers various opportunities for a family life such as:
- Certified International Schools following UK curriculum (transferable to other countries)
- Great nature experiences within a few hours driving (safaris, national parks, marine reserve)
- Leisure activities for the whole family in the vicinity (beaches, diving, water sports, golf courses)
- Shopping malls and supermarkets with normal amenities nearby
BWSC is an engineering and entrepreneurial company rooted in the former B&W. We are a project-oriented organization specialised in sales, design, construction, and test & commissioning of turnkey power plants and energy systems, including retrofitting, technical services, utility management and operation & maintenance. Likewise, we act as investors in power plant projects as well as supplying complete biomass boiler solutions and boiler service and we have ambitious goals for both biomass and diesel power plants. We have 670 dedicated employees, of which 460 work at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark. Currently, we are constructing power plants in Faroe Islands, United Kingdom and a number of West African countries. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in i.e. United Kingdom, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka and several islands in the Caribbean.