Renewable energy - In step with the future
In addition to plants designed for efficient use of fossil fuels, BWSC also offers power generation or Combined Heat and Power (CHP) solutions based on renewable energy sources.
BWSC’s renewable energy solutions possess the principal characteristics:
- Ability to utilise a wide range of renewable energy sources ranging from wet to dry biomass or residue materials
- Plants based on well-proven components and solutions, tailored and optimised to suit local conditions
- Use of Combined Heat and Power (CHP) or Co-generation whenever possible to maximise CO2 emission reduction obtained from use of renewable resources.
- Biomass plants, utilising dry biomass such as wood chips or straw for power or Combined Heat and Power (CHP) production in a combustion/steam cycle process
- Large biogas plants, where a range of wet or semi-dry biomass/organic waste products are biologically converted into methane gas. Methane gas (biogas) can be used for various purposes, e.g. in combination with gas engine or gas turbine plants for power or CHP production.
BWSC offers complete biomass plants on a turnkey basis in cooperation with leading boiler suppliers possessing combustion expertise within each specific biomass fuel type.
BWSC’s biogas expertise is founded upon Denmark’s world-leading biogas plant initiatives dating back to the early 1990s. These plants are based on livestock manure with addition of a variety of organic, wet/semi-dry waste products.