In many cases, the private sector must play an active role in addressing a country’s future electricity needs. This setup reduces the funding burden on governments, relieves the borrowing requirements of electricity generating companies and introduces generation technologies which a company may not consider part of its core function, but which may play a vital role in future electricity supply options.
We have extensive experience as project developer and investor
BWSC is an experienced developer of and investor in engine and boiler-based power plants. Hands-on experience enables us to support our partners in all aspects of project development – from potential lead to project implementation. Our full range of in-house competences enables us to take on the project development role, ensuring the following services to a wide range of customers worldwide:
- project agreements – concession, power purchase, fuel supply
- EPC and operation and maintenance agreements
- project/corporate structuring and financing
- credit agreements and collateral security documents
- equipment and technology selections
- permissions, authorisations, licenses
- environmental and social impact issues
- tax structuring
- risk mitigation
In conjunction with the development role, we serve as the contractor, taking responsibility for the supply and construction of the completed power plant on a turnkey basis and providing operation and maintenance services for the plant’s lifetime.