A review of the function and maintenance of the electrical equipment at power plants.
Enable the participants to understand and explain the safety aspects regarding work on electrical systems and the maintenance procedures of the electrical equipment at the plant.
- Maintenance philosophies i.e.
- Running hour based
- Condition based
- Corrective maintenance
- Fundamental electricity and magnetism.
- Review of the electrical systems by diagrams and the symbols and TAG numbers used.
- Maintenance planning.
- Tools, measuring and calibration devices for maintenance.
- Safety hazards and precautions.
- Function, identification and maintenance procedures of:
- Generator and
- High voltage systems with emphasis on breakers and relays
- Low voltage systems with emphasis on breakers protective relays and motors
- The DC system with emphasis on rectifiers, batteries and the UPS