A detailed review of the maintenance of four-stroke diesel engines.
Enable the participants to understand and explain the philosophy, planning, and procedures for maintenance of a large four-stroke diesel engine.
- Maintenance philosophies i.e.
- Running hour based
- Condition based
- Corrective maintenance
- The generator construction, components and their function.
- Maintenance tasks and intervals
- recommended by the manufacturer.
- Planning of inspection and maintenance of the generator.
- Safety hazards and precautions.
- Review of inspection, tests and interpretation of the results of i.e.:
- Visual inspection
- Partial discharge
- Insulation resistance test
- Polarization index
- Stator resistance
- Dielectric absorption test
- Dielectric discharge test
- Voltage drop test
- Air gap
- PD measurements
- Excitation gear