Review of the different diesel engine fuels, their classification, properties and influence on the engine performance.
Enable the participants to specify fuel, interpret fuel oil laboratory analyses and handle the fuel treatment equipment and the engine accordingly.
- Crude oil compositions
- The refinery process
- Fuel oil standards; BS, ISO, CIMAC
- Fuel oil types for diesel engines; GO, MDO, HFO
- Fuel oil characteristics i.e.:
- Calorific value
- Ignition properties
- Stability and compatibility
- The influence of different fuel oil properties and impurities on the diesel engine and the auxiliary equipment
- Fuel oil sampling
- Interpretation of laboratory analysis
- Fuel oil handling; heating, pumping, purifica-tion, mixing, etc
- Requirements to the fuel oil supplier and to the testing laboratory
- Fuel oil quality trends