A review of the function and maintenance of mechanical auxiliary equipment at the diesel power plant.
Enable the participants to understand and explain the philosophies, planning, and procedures for maintenance of the mechanical auxiliary equipment at the plant in question.
- Maintenance philosophies i.e.
- Running hour based
- Condition based
- Corrective maintenance
- Review of the auxiliary systems
- Maintenance tasks and intervals recommended by the manufacturers
- Assessment of conditions
- Maintenance planning
- Special tools
- Measuring tools
- Spare parts and consumables
- Review of dismantling, inspection, measurements, evaluation, assembling, and adjustment of the components i.a.:
- Oil separators
- Centrifugal and positive displacement pumps
- Air compressors
- Heat exchangers
- Steam systems incl. WHRS and turbines
- Water treatment plants
- Safety hazards and precautions