Familiarization with operational procedures and routines at the diesel power plant.
Enable the participants to understand the requirement for operation of a diesel power plant in a safe and reliable way by making them confident with the control concepts, monitoring, start-up and stopping of the equipment, carry out the necessary routine tasks as well as reaction on alarms and adverse situations.
- Review of the control concepts and descriptions for the engines and auxiliary systems
- Start sequence of the auxiliary equipment, start-up and synchronization of the diesel generator unit under normal conditions and from black out
- Normal stop of the diesel generator unit
- Start, operation and stop of auxiliary equipment
- Identification of causes and reaction on alarms and adverse operation situations
- Handling and treatment of fuel oils and lubricants
- Water sampling, analyses and treatment
- Recognition and counteracting health, safety, and environmental hazards
- Monitoring of the plant on location